Possible bug and lacking feature in BBB bsp, GPIO API hooks

Federico Garcia Cruz federico.garciacruz at tallertechnologies.com
Wed Nov 11 19:38:00 UTC 2015

Ketul,
you should use the mmio_write() in the gpio clear bit register, if you
mantain the value of the complete bank you would clear not just the gpio
number that you want but all the gpios that current value is 1.
Here's what the data sheet says about this register:

GPIO_CLEARDATAOUT is shown in Figure 25-31 and described in Table 25-30.
Writing a 1 to a bit in the GPIO_CLEARDATAOUT register clears to 0 the
corresponding bit in the
GPIO_DATAOUT register; writing a 0 has no effect. A read of the
GPIO_CLEARDATAOUT register
returns the value of the data output register (GPIO_DATAOUT).

It's described in the section 25.4.1.25 GPIO_CLEARDATAOUT of the
AM335x_technical_reference_manual.pdf.