MinGW Tools locations

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Nov 16 23:46:52 UTC 2015

On 15/11/2015 10:44 PM, Mohammed Saeed Khoory wrote:

> I used to download pre-built MinGW Tools for Windows (for RTEMS 4.10.2) from the following location:
> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/mingw32/4.10/
>
> This location has disappeared recently. I'm not sure what happened. Where did the tools go?

https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/archive/rpms/mingw32/4.10/

Is this what you are after?

> I tried looking for them elsewhere in the FTP server but I just couldn't find them.

We had to clean up the ftp site because we do not know what works and
what does not work. There are over 42,000 RPM files under the
rtems/archive tree and I suspect only a handful of these are ok. I have
no idea which ones they are. We have archived all of them and they are
still available. Most of the host operating systems with rpm files have
moved on and I suppose the only one still valid is Windows.

The RTEMS Project should only supply tested packages and I have never
seen a set of test results for any of these packages. Each of us know
some packages work because we have used them and tested them and this is
still valid. As we move to a continuous integration model leaving
packages and files with an unknown test history next to known tested
packages and files raises doubt and undermines what we do.

We have moved all the binary tools and related package source to
rtems/archive. As part of this move we have extracted all the source
code, patches and spec files (a build recipe) for every release under
rtems/releases and placed them in a per release tools directory. Apart
of making sure we meet the GPL license it provides users with a way to
manage long term support beyond the life time of binary RPM files on
their preferred host.

> I can't find any information in the wiki either, all the links are old and don't work anymore.

The move is not documented in the wiki. If you see a reference that is
wrong please edit the wiki page and point it to the new location. Every
small change you can do helps us a lot.

> What I tried doing is opening the location for MinGW tools for 4.11, then moving up a few directories and I ended up in this directory
> https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/source-builder/4.10/
>
> But this only has a bunch of html files, no tar files....

This is my personal work and it is mostly just reference stuff.

Chris