Difficulties building RTEMS

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Sep 21 09:04:22 UTC 2015

On September 21, 2015 3:40:31 AM CDT, "TUAZ TORCHON, Dimitri" <dimitri.tuaztorchon at airbus.com> wrote:
>I first get the RTEMS Source Builder at
>"git://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder.git". After executing
>"source-builder/sb-check", I realized Makeinfo was not installed on my
>computer so I installed it by hand. I then run
>"../source-builder/sb-set-builder --log=l-microblaze.txt
>--prefix=/projets/1007/stage/rtos/development/rtems/4.11
>4.11/rtems-microblaze --without-rtems --without-cxx".
>My computer has restricted access for downloading files, so when the
>script tried to download files, I copied the URL provided and
>downloaded the files on another computer. For RTEMS Tools, the script
>does a git clone, git reset (hard), git checkout on master and a git
>pull. As my computer can't do a git clone and a git pull, I did this on
>another machine and in the file
>"rtems-source-builder/rtems/config/tools/rtems-tools-1.cfg", line 33, I
>changed " %source set rtems-tools
>git://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git?reset=hard?branch=master?pull%{rtems_tools_git_checkout}"
>in " %source set rtems-tools
>git://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git#?reset=hard?branch=master?pull%{rtems_tools_git_checkout}"
>(I commented the git reset, git checkout and git pull, but did these
>commands by hand on another computer.).
>At this stage, the compiler seems to work when I tried it on a simple
>.c file.
>
>Then, I get the RTEMS-microblaze repo on github, run "bootstrap -p" and
>"bootstrap", "configure" with "../rtems-microblaze/configure
>--target=microblaze-rtems4.11  --disable-networking --disable-posix
>--disable-cxx --enable-rtemsbsp=microblaze_fpga --prefix=$HOME/rtems",
>and during "make all" I've got the error I described.

When you run bootstrap, are the RTEMS autoconf and automake used? You need the RTEMS tools at the head of your PATH.

Hesham.. Not at a computer to check but is he using newer tools than you? I don't know if the microblaze tools got bumped when all the others did. Your tools could easily be older and his newer than you have tested.

Any other environment differences possible?

--joel