Where exactly do system initialization handlers get registered?

Travis Wheatley travis.wheatley at emergentspace.com
Fri Apr 1 17:09:49 UTC 2016

Working through my first RTEMS debug effort. I am executing the hello sample from the 4.12 tree on a PowerPC target. I am getting a kernel panic that appears to happen in a while loop in rtems_initialize_executive() that invokes the system initialization handlers. However, I am having trouble understanding exactly where/how these handlers are registered. There are a couple of calls at the top of rtems_initialize_executive() to a couple of macros, RTEMS_LINKER_SET_BEGIN and RTEMS_LINKER_SET_END, with _Sysinit as an argument. However, I can't seem to find where _Sysinit is set nor can I find where the _Sysinit handler set gets initialized.

Can someone enlighten me?

-- Travis