How to install a GNAT cross-compiler and toolset?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Apr 11 13:07:14 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 1:56 AM, Sebastian Huber <

> On 07/04/16 00:51, Chris Johns wrote:
>
>> On 7/04/2016 8:10 AM, Jan Sommer wrote:
>>

>>> When I submitted the patch to gcc, it appeared to me that the 4.9.4
>>> release is right around the corner, so the patch will become part of the
>>> 4.11 toolchain soon enough. I am not on the gcc-mailinglists. Are there any
>>> news about the final 4.9.4 release?
>>>

>> This is a much better solution. I have not seen anything about a release.
>> It would be nice to happen before I get 4.11 released.
>>

> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2016-03/msg00108.html
>
> The next GCC 4 and 5 are released after 6.1.
>
> Was your patch RTEMS specific? If so, then it should be easier to get it
included.

Can you ping your patch on the gcc mailing list(s) with myself and
Sebastian cc'ed?
Mention it is RTEMS specific and we would like to see it in the 4.9.4
release.

I assume it also needs to be applied to newer branches and the gcc master.
Right?

Also, the big remaining Ada issue that I know of is that the Ada.Self()
implementation
for RTEMS is not SMP safe. That eventually needs to be addressed.

--joel