Is there any framebuffer testcases?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Apr 14 16:04:12 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 1:30 AM, Sebastian Huber <

> On 14/04/16 08:23, Chris Johns wrote:

>>> It has to work automatically.
>>>

>> I keep pressing the button but nothing is happening ... ok I will do it.
>> :)
>>
>> I think a lot of symbols are missing in this file.
>>>

>> I suppose the list is a unique set of all external symbols which do not
>> internally resolve with in the tool set libraries. I suppose I can assume
>> multlib variants all have the same unresolved symbols and can filter
>> duplicates.
>>
>> I still not see how to write a suitable test. All you end up doing is
>> testing the linker works and RTEMS is not missing any symbols. Any idea?
>>

> GCC uses link-time tests to check for operating system features. At least
> for libstdc++ some features are unsupported since some symbols are not
> defined (only declared in header files) during GCC build. Let U be the set
> of all undefined symbols in libc, libm and libgcc. Let D be the set of all
> defined symbols in libc, libm, libgcc. Then U \ D must go into crt0.c.
> Also, these symbols must be defined by librtemscpu or librtemsbsp.

Except that I focused on libc only, this is the general way I got my list
of symbols.

empty main.c
sparc-rtems4.12-gcc -c main.c
sparc-rtems4.12-ld crt0.o --whole-archive libc.a --no-whole-archive main.o

I wondered about the rest of the symbols in lock.h but only those mutex
ones came up
undefined.

Whole archive of libraries under consideration + main + stubs should be the
way to go.

--joel