Failure in building RSB

xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com
Wed Aug 10 09:37:20 UTC 2016

OK, I will try this then, thanks a lot.

Best wishes,
Tim Tian
xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com

From: Chris Johns
Date: 2016-08-10 14:24
To: xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com; users at rtems.org
Subject: Re: Failure in building RSB
On 10/08/2016 14:00, xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com wrote:
> The original command "git: clone: git://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git"
> didn't work as I tried a couple of times.

This is just the logged output....

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/source-builder/sb/download.py#n464

... the command will be something else (see --trace below).

> But the command "git clone
> git://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git" worked fine.

Great.

> So, I want to alter
> the script, replace the original command with the command "git clone
> git://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git" to see whether it works. So, I need
> to know where to start.

I suggest you add --trace to the command line and review the low level
output in the log file.

The source is in source-builder/sb. The download protocols are handled
in download.py and the git.py module handles the low level git interface.

I think reviewing the git command in the low level trace is a better
first step than hacking the code.

Chris