Missing iconv.dll and libwinpthread-1.dll when running gcc

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Mon Aug 22 00:31:10 UTC 2016

Building windows based bare-metal tools on linux works OK (unlike cygwin
and msys2 for me). However, for the built gcc to run on windows (or
under wine on linux) I have to copy the following dll's from the mingw
installation on linux to the toolchain bin directory:

iconv.dll
libwinpthread-1.dll

These don't seem to reside anywhere on a standard win10 installation.

If these are really required, maybe the RSB should copy these to bin
automatically when building with mingw?

I haven't tried to actually compile anything yet with gcc. I just see
the problem when just doing:

arm-eabi-gcc.exe --version

-gene