Build of example fails with waf

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Thu Aug 25 05:51:43 UTC 2016

Please ignore more first post!

I realized I needed to run "waf configure ..." from the top level of
examples-v2/ but first have to

git submodule init
git submodule update

which puts stuff into the examples-v2/rtems-waf directory.

Now when I run the configure I see:

[gene at hplt examples-v2]$ waf configure
--rtems=/home/gene/rtems/install/4.12/bsps
--rtems-tools=/home/gene/rtems/install/4.12/tools/
--rtems-bsps=arm/stm32f4 --rtems-archs=arm
Setting top to                           : /home/gene/rtems/examples-v2
Setting out to                           :
/home/gene/rtems/examples-v2/build
Could not find any architectures
(complete log in /home/gene/rtems/examples-v2/build/config.log)

Searching for this error, all I see is that "tools without a version are
not supported". I built and installed the tools with RSB and they seems
to be present and have a version, e.g., under the --rtems-tools there
are files like:

bin/arm-rtems4.12-gcc-6.1.1
bin/arm-rtmes4.12-gcc
etc.