Simple question about RTL

xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com
Fri Aug 26 08:24:55 UTC 2016

I follow the instructions which Pavel Pisa posted online.
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2016-July/015683.html
But, when I go to the "prelink generation" step, which is "arm-rtems4.11-gcc ${CFLAGS1} -Wl,--gc-sections init.o rootfs_tarfile.o -lm -o appdl.prelink", some error came up,
#/.../ld: failed to merge target specific data of file init.o
#/.../ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 0000000000008000
#collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

And he did not use rtems-ld to generate any file, so I got a little confused. Any idea?

Later, I also tried to use rtems-ld to link init.o and rootfs_tarfile.o, and it said:
#resolver:resolving: undefines, unresolved: 1
#resolver:resolve: |- rtems
#error: undefines: symbol not found: rtems
Here, I just want to know what '-b' the base kernel is, an object file (after compile before link), or an .exe (after statically link)? Thanks.

Best wishes,
Tim Tian
xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com