rtems dynamic loading with waf

xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com
Thu Dec 29 09:25:18 UTC 2016

Dear Chris,
For now, I use rtems-ld to generate my application. I have my base kernel, bkv01.elf, and my application, dl-01.c.

First, I compiled my application without linking:
# arm-rtems4.11-gcc ${CFLAGS1} -o dl-01.o -c dl-01.c
Then, I used rtems-ld to generate my loadable RAP: (something like below, please ignore the libs I added)
# rtems-ld -v --base bkv01.elf -e hello_world dl-01.o  -o app01.rap -L /opt/rtems-4.11.1-release/4.11-bsp/arm-rtems4.11/xilinx_zynq_zedboard/lib/ -lbsd -lrtemsbsp -lrtemscpu -ljffs2 -lrtems++ -lz

base-image: bkv01.elf
cache:load-sym: object files: 1
cache:load-sym: symbols: 10688
Finding libraries:
 found: ./libbsd.a
 found: /opt/rtems-4.11.1-release/4.11-bsp/arm-rtems4.11/xilinx_zynq_zedboard/lib/librtemsbsp.a
 found: /opt/rtems-4.11.1-release/4.11-bsp/arm-rtems4.11/xilinx_zynq_zedboard/lib/librtemscpu.a
 found: /opt/rtems-4.11.1-release/4.11-bsp/arm-rtems4.11/xilinx_zynq_zedboard/lib/libjffs2.a
 found: /opt/rtems-4.11.1-release/4.11-bsp/arm-rtems4.11/xilinx_zynq_zedboard/lib/librtems++.a
 found: /opt/rtems-4.11.1-release/4.11-bsp/arm-rtems4.11/xilinx_zynq_zedboard/lib/libz.a
cc::stdlib: libgcc.a
cc::stdlib: libssp.a
cc::stdlib: libc.a
cache:load-sym: object files: 4513
cache:load-sym: symbols: 12987
resolver:resolving:  undefines, unresolved: 1
resolver:resolve  :    |- hello_world
resolver:resolved :    |   `--> dl-01.o (unresolved: 1)
resolver:resolved :    +-- referenced objects: 1
resolver:resolving:  ] undefines ==> dl-01.o
resolver:resolving:  dl-01.o, unresolved: 7
resolver:resolve  :     |- __getreent
resolver:resolved :     |   `--> bkv01.elf (base)
resolver:resolve  :     |- fprintf
resolver:resolved :     |   `--> bkv01.elf (base)
resolver:resolve  :     |- puts
resolver:resolved :     |   `--> bkv01.elf (base)
resolver:resolve  :     |- rtems_status_text
resolver:resolved :     |   `--> bkv01.elf (base)
resolver:resolve  :     |- rtems_task_create
resolver:resolved :     |   `--> bkv01.elf (base)
resolver:resolve  :     |- rtems_task_delete
resolver:resolved :     |   `--> bkv01.elf (base)
resolver:resolve  :     |- rtems_task_start
resolver:resolved :     |   `--> bkv01.elf (base)
resolver:resolved :     +-- referenced objects: 0
resolver:resolving: top: dl-01.o
resolver:resolving:  dl-01.o is resolved or resolving
resolver:resolving: dependents: 1
  1: dl-01.o
outputter:application: app01.rap
rap::layout: total:654 text:380 const:178 ctor:0 dtor:0 data:0 bss:0 symbols:12 (1) strings:26 relocs:59
rap:output: machine=0
rap:output: header=12
rap:output: .text: offset=177 size=380
rap:output: .const: offset=557 size=178
rap:output: .ctor: offset=735 size=0
rap:output: .dtor: offset=735 size=0
rap:output: .data: offset=735 size=0
rap:output: strtab=735
rap:output: symbols=761
rap:output: relocs=773
rap: objects: 1, size: 881, compression: 54.7%

And, I got the RAP format file I want. This RAP would be downloaded into my system filesystem via FTP (just make rtems as server, and my host as client).
Finally, I loaded this RAP file with dlopen, then an error came up:
    dlopen failed: global symbol not found: puts

Is there something wrong with my attempt? If so, please give my some advise, thanks a lot.

Best wishes,

xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com