GR712RC, RTEMS, and a Tale Of The Interleaving Interrupts

Miller, Scott A. scott.miller at swri.org
Tue Feb 16 14:25:01 UTC 2016

?We are using several of the UARTs of the GR712RC (single core running at 25 MHz) with RTEMS.  Each of the UARTs is running at 115,200 baud.  When receiving incoming packetized data on the UARTs, they do not appear to interleave.

I have a few questions that I hope can be answered easily.

- How much switching overhead should I expect from the RTEMS interrupt manager when running the processor at 25 MHz?

- How can I measure how much time is being consumed by the interrupt manager at 25 MHz?

- Does RTEMS provide a configuration setting which enables/disables interrupt nesting?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Robert Klar, Scott Miller
Southwest Research Institute?