RTEMS ARMv8 Query

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Feb 24 20:04:35 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Raghav Nayak <raghav.nayak at nxp.com> wrote:

> Hi Joel,
>
> Could you please tell me the path in source-builder where I need to add
> support for armv8.

This is not an RSB option. It will require modification of GCC.

Looking at gcc/config.gcc, there is some code which looks like
--with-multilib-list=aprofile
MIGHT work. The file config/arm/t-rtems has the usual set of RTEMS multilib
variants.
The file config/arm/t-aprofile has another different set which includes
armv8.

Alternatively, an experiment would be to edit gcc/config.gcc and look for
arm*-*-rtems*
where it says to use t-rtems and change that to t-aprofile. That may or may
not work
either but if it works, it should change the multilib set to include armv8.

This is strictly something in gcc related to the files "t-*" in the target
specific configuration
directory. In this case, it is either adding to config/arm/t-rtems or
switching to
config/arm/t-aprofile. Building gcc by hand and experimenting is
unfortunately the
way to do this.