Looking for a C++11 support Overview

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Feb 25 08:37:47 UTC 2016

For proper C++11 support you need RTEMS 4.12. Below "fully supported"
means as far as GCC/libstdc++ supports it.

On 24/02/16 18:52, Isaac Gutekunst wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Which C++11 features are supported by RTEMS?
> Is there a table listing supported features, and limitations? Sorry if
> I just missed it.
>
> I'm specially interested in
>
> * std::atomic

Fully supported on targets that don't need libatomic.

> * std::thread
> * std::queue
> * std::mutex
> * std::condition_variable

Fully supported.

> * std::chrono

Partially supported. For the details run the libstdc++ test suite and
check the libstdc++ configure script which doesn't detect all RTEMS
features (we have to fix several configure checks for this).

> Depending on what level of support is available, we might build our
> own primitives so we can develop platform independent code, for on and
> off target testing.
>
> If we can simply rely on the C++ library, that might be preferable,
> but requires some consideration.

 From an RTEMS project point of view it would be nice if you don't add
your own code to fix missing features in RTEMS and instead add the
missing parts to RTEMS.