Crash under sparc/rtems-4.11 when compiling with FPU

Athanasios.Tsiodras at esa.int Athanasios.Tsiodras at esa.int
Mon Feb 8 08:50:14 UTC 2016

Hi Sebastian.

1. Regarding separate, FPU-based BSPs

Using separate BSP targets would clear up the issue... but note that the
documentation refers to the so called "deferred floating point context
switch" as a feature, not a bug...  That is, whether a task/thread has
support for FPU-state-saving during context switches or not, is left up to
the creation flags of the thread itself - so that  FPU-state-saving work
is only done when context switching from an FPU-enabled thread to another
FPU-enabled one (and not when switching to non-FPU threads).

2. Regarding compiling BSP with "-mhard-float"

I am guessing that you are suggesting I patch
"leon3/make/custom/leon3.cfg" and switch -msoft-float to -mhard-float
there (I didn't see anything FPU-related in the "configure" options). I'll
try this and report back.

European Space Agency (via HE Space)
Thanassis Tsiodras
Real-time Embedded Software Engineer
System, Software and Technology Department

ESTEC
Keplerlaan 1, PO Box 299
NL-2200 AG Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Athanasios.Tsiodras at esa.int | www.esa.int