RTEMS ARMv8 Query

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Feb 26 20:16:47 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 12:23 AM, Sebastian Huber <

> On 26/02/16 05:30, Chris Johns wrote:
>
>> On 26/02/2016 10:28, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>
>>> I think once the patch is approved, it will be easy to backport to the
>>> last binutils release.
>>> The changes are to only a handful of configuration files. We can then
>>> just use a patch.
>>>

>> Excellent idea.
>>

> As far as I understood the Binutils release manager, there will be no
> minor releases. The plan is to release one Binutils release per 6 months.

Thanks.

Chris.. hopefully you have time this weekend to do some quick (for you) RSB
work. :)

  + Jeff Johnston just cut a newlib snapshot which includes two things I
wanted.  So the tools in general need to bump for this.
  + I sent you the two patches for binutils. Hopefully he can use them to
add the aarch64-rtems and x86_64-rtems targets to the RSB.
  + I committed the gcc patches for these targets so the next gcc snapshot
should have them

Sebastian.. any thoughts on what 32-bit armv8 multilibs should be added?
The t-aprofile added 6 armv8 ones.

--joel