RTEMS ARMv8 Query

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Feb 29 17:28:56 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Raghav Nayak <raghav.nayak at nxp.com> wrote:

> Hi Joel,
>

> After bootstrap if I want to add something for configure do you have any
> steps?

Normally, I configure something like this in a separate build tree:

mkdir b
cd b
../rtems/configure --target=CPU-rtems4.12 --enable-rtemsbsp=XXX
--enable-tests=samples --disable-networking
make

CPU and BSP get replaced appropriately.

But there is NO aarch64 code in RTEMS right now. If you have a specific
board in mind and do a BSP for it,
you could use the arm-rtems4.12 tools and treat the CPU core on that BSP as
an ARMv7.

To do anything ARMv8 specific is going to require work somewhere. aarch64
needs a port
and a BSP. arm 32-bit armv8 will start with by treating the board as armv7
and possibly
adding a multilib variant to gcc to get access to specific instructions
that are desirable.

--joel