building rtems error

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Jan 11 01:04:50 UTC 2016

On 09/01/2016 09:57, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
> Using the RTEMS GIT 4.11 branch I too also have the same
> error at the same place when compiling (sis ..enable-tests=yes)

How did you build the tools?

> rtems-syms -e -c "-mcpu=cypress -O2 -g -ffunction-sections
> -fdata-sections
> -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wimplicit-function-declaration
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wnested-externs" -o dl-sym.o dl01.pre
>
> spark-rtems4.12-gcc': execvp: No such file or directory
>
> I also would like to know why its asking for the "12" toolkit.

The rtems-tools needs to know the version of RTEMS it is to be used
with. While we have a version number in the name of the tools we need to
do this.

The error means you have built 4.11 tools and you have a 4.12 version of
the rtems-tools in your path. We need to see if this is a bug in the set
up of these tools or related to the procedure you have used.

> my solution just copy or make a link
> cp sparc-rtems4.11-gcc sparc-rtems4.12-gcc

This is not a good idea. The 4.12 tools may be different to the 4.11
tools and if you happen to move to 4.12 this change may cause some
issues and confusion.

Chris