USE_COM1_AS_CONSOLE=1 not effective

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Jun 14 17:50:24 UTC 2016

Chris might have broken this with his recent changes. But more likely....

What qemu command are you using?

I think Gedare's problem was that his grubmenu was not updated to this:

kernel= (hd0,0)/test.exe --console=/dev/com1

Before Chris' recent changes, the line would have read:

kernel= (hd0,0)/test.exe --console=com1

Notice the missing "/dev/" on --console. It greatly simplified the boot
argument parsing but requires boot args to be updated.

I asked for Gedare's opinion on another thread as to whether we need
to keep backwards compatibility but I don't think he has answered.

--joel