USE_COM1_AS_CONSOLE=1 not effective

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Jun 14 23:00:31 UTC 2016

On 15/06/2016 03:50, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Chris might have broken this with his recent changes.

I did not test the BSPOPTS, sorry about that. I can take a look if it is
important.

I prefer using boot arguments and would like to see them used and the
BSPOPT console options go away. I feel a single runtime binary that
supports boot options is simpler than a complex mix of runtime and
BSPOPTs variations. The only issue is the current documented examples
are wrong.

> I asked for Gedare's opinion on another thread as to whether we need
> to keep backwards compatibility but I don't think he has answered.

Yeap.

Chris