"Exception handler called for exception 3 (0x3)"

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 21 15:50:20 UTC 2016

Look at the ppc documentation. The exception number is the
machine interrupt/exception vector right shifted by 8 bits.
3 therefore corresponds to vector 0x300 "data storage interrupt".

The most likely cause is a bad address which is not mapped or
(e.g., write-) protected. The violating address is stored in the DAR
register
(which is hopefully dumped by the exception handler)

HTH
- Till