ARMv7 Debug Support

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Mar 4 00:40:02 UTC 2016

On 04/03/2016 03:09, Raghav Nayak wrote:

> I tried with Xilinx A9 BSP on QEMU.

Great.

> It strucks at command which I launch. Do you have any idea about this?
>
> raghav at raghav-VirtualBox:/mnt/FSL/QEMU/qemu-2.5.0/build$ qemu-system-arm -S -s -no-reboot -serial mon:stdio -serial /dev/null -net none -nographic -M xilinx-zynq-a9 -m 256M -kernel ../../../rtems/rtems-git-armv7/build/arm-rtems4.12/c/xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu/testsuites/samples/ticker/ticker.exe
> Warning: nic cadence_gem.0 has no peer
> Warning: nic cadence_gem.1 has no peer

Qemu command line documentation can be seen here
http://wiki.qemu.org/download/qemu-doc.html#sec_005finvocation. Have you
reviewed the switches being passed?

A quick read shows -S does not start the CPU at start up. This is used
to allow you to connect a gdb session and run from reset. If you remove
the -S option does it run?

Have you connected GDB to the qemu instance? If you have connected GDB a
trace of what you have done would be helpful.

Chris