Segmentation fault while running ticker.exe on raspberrypi

Pratik Singhal ps06756 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 17:00:48 UTC 2016

Hello, I have been trying to build rtems for raspberry pi and trying to run
ticker.exe which is a sample program, without success.

I have followed the steps for building rtems for sparc/sis as given in
Google summer of code quick start guide except replacing sparc/sis by
arm/raspberrypi wherever required.
RTEMS compiles successfully, but when I try to run ticker.exe on actual
raspberry Pi, I get segmentation fault without any output. When I try to
run ticker.exe using arm-rtems4.12-run , then I get no output and the
process exits.

I have configured and built the rtems source using the following commands
.
1) ./rtems/configure --target=arm-rtems4.12 --enable-rtemsbsp=raspberrypi
--enable-tests=samples --prefix=$HOME/install_arm

2) make RTEMS_BSP=raspberrypi

The output of file command on ticker.exe is

ticker.exe: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV),
statically linked, not stripped

Why is the segmentation fault coming and what can I do to resolve it ?

Although,  I have been successfully able to test the program for sparc/sis
combination using sparc-rtems4.12-run.

Thanks,
Pratik Singhal