"Source directory already configured" error when running configure.

Travis Wheatley travis.wheatley at emergentspace.com
Thu Mar 17 13:57:50 UTC 2016

Forwarding this to the group at Chris' request for archival purposes.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Travis Wheatley <travis.wheatley at emergentspace.com<mailto:travis.wheatley at emergentspace.com>>
Subject: Re: "Source directory already configured" error when running configure.
Date: March 16, 2016 4:44:05 PM CDT
To: Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org<mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>>

Thanks Chris,

Wound up just nuking my build directory and that did the trick.

-- Travis

On Mar 16, 2016, at 4:24 PM, Chris Johns wrote:

On 17/03/2016 03:16, Travis Wheatley wrote:

I have, of course, manually traversed my build tree and run "make
distclean" in pretty much every directory along the way without success.
Hoping y'all might be able to clue me in as to the offending directory.
Following is the last stanza of the failed configure operation.

The auto'stuff configure process in RTEMS is a strange thing. The split phases can have issues. I tend to clean and reconfigure and because I do it so often I use this script ...

https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/misc/conclean.sh

It may need hacking to work locally for you. I dump it in ~/bin.

Also try adding --enable-maintainer-mode if you are playing with the configuration.

Chris