Workflow RTEMS on Zynq Zedboard

Jan Sommer soja-lists at aries.uberspace.de
Sat Mar 19 10:57:59 UTC 2016

Am Friday 18 March 2016, 17:24:48 schrieb Badr El Hiouel:
[...]
> > Thank you for your support,
> >
> > I installed the devel environnement for Python27 and it builds ( finally !
> > )
> > When I did :
> > /mnt/D/development/rtems/kernel/rtems/configure --target=arm-rtems4.12
> > --enable-rtemsbsp=xilinx_zynq_zedboard --enable-tests=samples
> > --enable-posix --enable-cxx --prefix=/mnt/D/development/rtems/bsps/4.12
> > BSP_ARM_A9MPCORE_PERIPHCLK=333333333U
> > It worked but when running make && make install it shows me an error :
> >
> > checking for RTEMS_CPU_MODEL...
> > checking for RTEMS_BSP_FAMILY... xilinx-zynq
> > checking for CPU_CFLAGS... (cached) -march=armv7-a -mthumb -mfpu=neon
> > -mfloat-abi=hard -mtune=cortex-a9
> > checking for CFLAGS_OPTIMIZE_V... (cached) -O2 -g -ffunction-sections
> > -fdata-sections
> > checking for style of include used by gmake... GNU
> > checking for arm-rtems4.12-gcc... no
> > configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
> > gmake[2]: *** [xilinx_zynq_zedboard] Error 1
> > gmake[2]: Leaving directory
> > `/mnt/D/development/rtems/kernel/zynq/arm-rtems4.12/c'
> > gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> > `/mnt/D/development/rtems/kernel/zynq/arm-rtems4.12/c'
> > make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

So if I understand it correctly, the RSB finished sucessfully? Then you should have binaries like arm-rtems-4.12-* installed to the directory you passed to the RSB.
Configure complains that it cannot find said binaries. That is probably because you haven't added them to your PATH environment variable.
You can do that with (use the correct path to the bin-directory of your setup)
export PATH=/mnt/D/development/rtems/compiler/4.12/bin:$PATH

Try the configure command again after that.

> > It's a problem of directories ? or the configuration I did ? ( I took the
> > same configuration you did Jan , because I have no ideas what is those
> > configurations and how to choose that if any body has an explanation for
> > this part)

The configure command is part of the autotools and very common in the Linux/Unix world when building programs from source.
It checks if all the dependencies are met before you build it and gives you the ability to configure which features of the program you want to enable and where to install it.