ARINC 653 support for RTEMS?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Mar 24 14:42:59 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Matthew Clark <linux.matthew at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've got an RTEMS app I would like to have run in a partition of a
> ARINC 653 OS.  I've seen papers here and there (and emailed authors),
> but I was wondering if there was a branch of RTEMS out there that was
> working on virtualizing it so it could run as a guest OS.

The first questions are which ARINC 653 RTOS and which architecture.

>From there, the paravirtualization needs to be adapted to the underlying
RTOS.
There may be some Pok support in the main tree but that was never completely
finished and Pok is certainly not the ARINC 653 RTOS you are using.

FWIW OAR is working on RTEMS running paravirtualized in a partition on the
Deos
ARINC 653 RTOS.

There are other time and space OSes/hypervisors in which RTEMS can be run
but you will have ask them about the RTEMS version and any adaptation.

Honestly, I am curious what solutions are out there myself. I know some
hypervisors
claim to run RTEMS.

--joel