ESA Exomars Launched! What all runs RTEMS?

Zandin Johan RUAG Johan.Zandin at ruag.com
Tue Mar 15 11:26:10 UTC 2016

The main computer of ExoMars Rover runs RTEMS 4.6.1 on a LEON-based SPARC v8 CPU. But note that the Rover isn't launched until 2018. (The orbiter and lander launched yesterday will be tested without the Rover.)

The main computer of the ExoMars Orbiter runs an Ada runtime system on the ERC32 SPARC v7 CPU, but the RTEMS SDE has been used to develop and test some of its HW drivers.

/Johan

Johan Zandin
Computer Engineer
RUAG Space AB