Specifying specific CPU models in powerpc/qoriq BSPs

Travis Wheatley travis.wheatley at emergentspace.com
Tue Mar 15 18:28:28 UTC 2016

I am using a T1040.  More specifically, I am attempting to get RTEMs running on a T1040RDB development system. The 4.12 tree has code for a T2080RDB, which is very similar. However, the T2080 uses an mpc6500 core whereas the T1040 uses an mpc5500 core. I see that the 4.12 tree has some mpc55xx code in libcpu. So, step 1 in the porting process is to tweak the qoriq_t2080rdb bsp to build for an mpc5500 rather than an mpc6500 core.