RTEMS ARMv8 Port

soja-lists at aries.uberspace.de soja-lists at aries.uberspace.de
Wed Mar 16 12:26:19 UTC 2016

Am 2016-03-16 10:32, schrieb Raghav Nayak:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure RTEMS for ARMv8 target. Tried running the
> following command:
>
> ../configure --target=aarch64-rtems4.12 --enable-rtemsbsp=raspberrypi
> --enable-tests=samples --enable-networking --enable-posix
> --prefix=/mnt/FSL/pandora/rtems/rtems-armv8-bsp/4.12

I am no expert in this, but I highly doubt that this is supposed to
work.
So far you only have a cross-compiler for RTEMS for the aarch64 target.
However, as ARMv8 is a new architecture for RTEMS I would expect that
you need to first add support for this new architecture to the
RTEMS-kernel and probably the configure scripts as well. I have never
done this, so I can't help here. The RTEMS porting guide might be a
first step in understanding what you have to do:
https://docs.rtems.org/doc-current/share/rtems/pdf/porting.pdf

Another thing is that you want to build the raspberrypi-bsp. I assume
you want to build RTEMS for the raspberry pi 3. The new raspberry uses
another cpu as the older versions and of a different target
architecture. That means from the operating system's point of view it
differs significantly from the older ones, thus you cannot expect that
the bsp for the RPi 1 and RPi 2 will work for the RPi 3.
No one has added support for the RPi 3 yet. It's very new on the market
and RTEMS has currently no ARMv8 support.