compiler made by RSB

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Mar 29 20:56:24 UTC 2016

On 30/03/2016 12:47 AM, 2654577874 wrote:
> I'm new here,and followed the guide to make my own compiler by RSB。
> is this tool made the best suitable compiler ?

Yes.

>  I'm not expert on this but
> tools like crosstool-ng can configure detailly , for example if you config
> a ARM cpu you choose armv6/armv7 , soft/hard float point unit etc。
> precise configuration makes compiler generates  effective machine code?
> in RSB I see only one config file for ARM。how does it adapt to all architecture
> variants ?

The RSB built GCC has multiple libraries or multilibs, one for each
variant of the instruction set supported by the architecture. You select
the specific cpu or machine using command line arguments and gcc selects
the correct libraries etc. The GCC documentation provides more detail on
these command line options.

For examples of these options being used in RTEMS search for the .cfg
files in the BSP directories (c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/...). They contain
the options currently used.

Chris