Question of Running RTEMS on Altera SOCkit

Adit Sahasrabudhe asahasra at fb.com
Wed May 25 15:36:44 UTC 2016

Hi Jay,

Yes we have run RTEMS on this kit. If you want a quick and dirty way of booting into your RTEMS application from the SDCARD, do the following:

1. Convert executable image format to binary
a. arm-rtems4.11-objcopy -O binary hello.exe hello.bin
2. Create a text file called hello.txt containing the following commands
a. fatload mmc 0:1 0x00300000 hello.bin;
b. go 0x00300040
3. Convert the text file into a U-boot script
a. mkimage -A arm -T script –d hello.txt hello.scr
4. Copy hello.scr and hello.bin to the FAT partition of the SDCARD
5. Boot into u-boot and set scriptfile environment variable to hello.scr
a. setenv scriptfile loadmyapp.scr
b. saveenv

When you power on, uboot should automatically load and run your code.

Hope this helps,
Adit