LEON3 (GR712RC) Building RTEMS for SMP

Leonard Bise leonard.bise at syderal.ch
Thu May 26 11:29:22 UTC 2016

So we managed to compile RTEMS but now if we try to build a simple test
application, sparc-rtems4.12-gcc can't find system headers (bsp.h etc...)
However, when comparing to rtems4.10 we have already installed and working,
we find the file in the same directory :
/opt/rtems-4.12/src/rtems-4.12/c/src/lib/libbsp/sparc/leon3/include
/opt/rtems-4.10/src/rtems-4.10/c/src/lib/libbsp/sparc/leon3/include

The rtems 4.10 we use is the one built by Gaisler so maybe we are missing
something?

After this I tried executing the hello.exe that is built in the
testsuites/samples folder and it executed just fine on the GR712RC board,
so I guess the toolset is correct.
However if I try to manually build the init.c file I get a missing header
error.

 /opt/rtems-4.12/bin/sparc-rtems4.12-gcc init.c -o out
init.c:14:24: fatal error: rtems/test.h: No such file or directory
 #include <rtems/test.h>
                        ^
compilation terminated.

I don't understand why gcc can't find those system header files?
Is our install botched or are we missing something?

*Léonard Bise*
Software Design Engineer
Direct Line +41 (0)32 338 9902

*SYDERAL SA*