LEON3 (GR712RC) Building RTEMS for SMP

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu May 26 07:53:18 UTC 2016

On 26/05/2016 17:41, Leonard Bise wrote:
> Thanks a lot Chris, the problem is fixed.

Excellent.

> I'd like to ask also, would it be possible to have a quick status of the
> current state of the SMP functionality for GR712 in RTEMS?
> Is it mostly working, or still under active development?

I am not sure about the specific state of the hardware you are talking
about and I am sure Sebastian will chime in when he is able.

SMP should be working on SPARC architectures. Sebastian is working to
remove the giant lock and to improve the performance. As a result there
is a great of activity. The end result of his work will be awesome.

Added to this I am working on improving the user experience with libbsd
and making a start at documenting something, the getting started guide
is first. This is resulting in some changes like the one that broke your
build.

> Thanks a lot for your help anyway.

Pleasure.

Chris