How to create a bridge on libbsd?

yu lei yleics at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:57:08 UTC 2016

Dear all, I have a board with two network interfaces, and now I can configure them up successfully. My rtems version is the master version in May, 2016. However, I failed to create a bridge and set interfaces as its members. Referring to tutorial[1] from freebsd about bridge, I try to use "ifconfig bridge create", "ifconfig bridge0 addm iface0 addm iface1up" to create it using rtems_bsd_command_ifconfig(). What I got from terminal is "ifconfig SIOCIFCREATE2: Invalid argument" and an command execution failure. I also notice that libbsd support rc.conf in June but I havn't tried it. Will it be helpful to setup a bridge and does ifconfig support bridge operation? Best regards, Yu Lei [1] https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-bridging.html