Ubuntu .. Re: sparc-gdb not compiling

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 18:04:34 UTC 2016

I was able to build the RSB 4.12 Sparc toolchain including GDB on a new Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit virtual machine.

I followed the package suggestions from the latest version of the RSB doc here:
https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/doc/source-builder.txt
Line 3121:
$ sudo apt-get build-dep binutils gcc g++ gdb unzip git
$ sudo apt-get install python2.7-dev git

I also was able to build an ARM toolchain on the Windows Subsystem for Linux, which is based on Ubuntu 14.04.
I needed the following packages:
$ sudo apt-get install autoconf automake bison flex binutils gcc \
g++ gdb texinfo unzip ncurses-dev python-dev git zlib1g-dev make
I would imagine that Ubuntu or Debian variants such as Mint or Elementary OS might need another package or two.

hope this helps,
Alan