Rate Monotonic Manager

Agostino Mascitti agostino.mascitti at student.univaq.it
Sun Oct 9 15:56:51 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I am trying to understand the Rate Monotonic Manager. I think I am not understanding something.

As you can see in the attached file, I defined

#define CONFIGURE_MICROSECONDS_PER_TICK     1000000 /* Every 1 sec a tick */
and I would like a task to be executed every 4 seconds: rtems_rate_monotonic_period(periodid, 4);
The strange thing is that the task is executed every 2 seconds.

I read the user guide and, as I understand, in the first iteration of the while loop rtems_rate_monotonic_period should not block. In the second iteration, instead, it should block for 4 sec minus the time used to perform the periodic actions. When this time expires, the 4 seconds period should start another time.

Could anybody say to me what I am not understanding well please?

Thank you another time,
Agostino