Interested to work on RTEMS Internet of Things (IoT) Infrasructure

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Sep 5 12:58:43 UTC 2016

1. Make sure you can build and run RTEMS in a simulator:
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/GettingStarted

2. Read the project description page:
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Projects/Open/InternetOfThings

3. Keep asking questions.

I'd suggest you start where that page recommends, by focusing on a
particular IoT demo and fleshing out the capabilities that are
necessary to implement it. IoT is a very large space, so it is
important to narrow and define your scope accordingly. You'll want to
focus on 1 piece of hardware, and might choose based on some DIY
projects or demos available online.

For generic infrastructure, continuing to improve lwIP+RTEMS
integration would be good. You can search back through the
devel/users at ... mailing lists to find some pointers in that direction.

Gedare