RTEMS 4.11.0 build fails on Windows

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Apr 11 01:39:37 UTC 2017

On 11/04/2017 00:02, Worth Burruss wrote:
> Linda,
>
> What you are seeing is caused by a recent upgrade of gcc in the MSYS2 enviornment.  A few
> months ago it was 5.something and now it is 6.something.  I came across this last week in
> setting up a new machine.  I found a patch from the GCC mailing list for 5.something and
> adjusted it for gcc 4.9.3.
>
> Attached are the 2 patches I created and put in a temp area to come back to latter and
> properly fix when I had time.  I have never applied them to another system, but am pretty
> sure they should work.  The gcc patch file goes in your rsb/rtems/patches directory and the
> rsb will do the patch application.  the other patch you have to appy with:
>
> patch -p1 < rsb-fix-for-gcc-4.11-2017-0405-1.patch
>
> with -p1 depending on where you put the patch, I can not remeber for sure but think this
> would be the top level rsb directory.
>
> Unfortunatly I do not have time for the next 2 or 3 weeks to actualy look into fixing the
> patches properly so issues still exist, you will definitly get a warning about no checksum for
> the gcc patch file, but it will not stop the build.  I suspect others may exist such as carriage
> return / line feeds.
>
> Hopefully this is enough to get you started.

This is excellent work and thank you for a really great answer.

Could please create a ticket and attach your patches? The Release wiki
page provides a link to create a 4.11 release branch bug report ...

 https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Release

I am happy to push the 4.11.2 milestone date by a few day to include
these fixes.

Thanks
Chris