rtems from TMS570 SDRAM or INTRAM

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Apr 20 14:42:38 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 2:57 PM, Nikolay Komashinskiy
<nikolay.komashinskiy at yandex.ru> wrote:

> i2c and spi Linux APIs are preferred, see cpukit/dev/*
>
> GPIO + i2c + spi is a realistic scope of work.
>
> I think that way too. For testing I can use a beaglebone.

Can you explain what you mean by using a beaglebone for testing?
What//how would you test?

> Could you expand what do you mean by "i2c and spi Linux APIs"?
> As far as I remember, in Linux there were a kernel spi support and
> SPIDEV modules (userspace).
>
> Also, there was only a master-mode support in Linux. Should RTEMS support
> also a slave-mode?

Please have a look at the existing device drivers that have been
implemented in RTEMS. You can find them under the c/src/lib/libbsp/
directory. Currently I think only arm devices have been supported at
all:
* libbsp/arm/atsam/i2c
* libbsp/arm/raspberrypi/i2c
* libbsp/arm/xilinx-zynq/i2c

And for SPI I think only atsam has one merged.

The GPIO interface was originally designed and implemented for
raspberrypi and a student (Ketul) wrote it for beaglebone black:
* libbsp/arm/raspberrypi/gpio
* libbsp/arm/beagle/gpio

-Gedare