Porting RTEMS on Arm Cortex-M1

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sun Apr 23 15:17:35 UTC 2017

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Daniel Jones <daniel.jones1400 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Sir
>
> Thank you for your response. Memory is no problem. I am starting with
> armv7-m bsp. But still have some question left and I hope someone could
> help. What about the rtems start code, context switch, exception handle
> and other similar files which I have found for armv4 and armv7-m? Do I have
> to write these supports for armv6-m? As armv6-m and armv7-m are not that
> much different, in which files I have to make some changes? Any sort of
> help is appreciated.

Until Sebastian gets back from holiday, our best suggestion is to compare
what it there for armv4 and armv7-m with what armv6-m requires. I know
I don't know the difference.

One spot to check for a hint is newlib in the setjmp/longjmp implementation
and the arm code in libgloss. See what architectural ifdef's they have.

Ultimately, you need to look at the architecture manual for the differences.

Sorry. This is a case where we know what to do in general terms and
how to get the answers but it is up to you to figure out what goes there.

--joel