Malloc from ISR?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Dec 12 02:12:15 UTC 2017

See cpukit/libcsupport/src/malloc_deferred.c. It is definitely returning
NULL because
you shouldn't malloc from an ISR. malloc() is a non-deterministic
operation. I am
surprised that code was designed to do that.

Perhaps this code assumes the USB interrupt is serviced from a thread. The
raw
interrupt unblocks a thread to run this code.

--joel