users Digest, Vol 125, Issue 3

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Feb 8 23:44:05 UTC 2017

On 09/02/2017 09:13, Sutton_Jacob wrote:
> Hi RTEMS Users Digest,
>
> My name is a Jacob and I have bee n trying to build the RTEMS ecosystem

Hi Jacob, welcome to RTEMS.

> so I can begin familiarizing myself with it and coding, but I have not
> been able to get it to work. My specific problem occurs when trying to
> build RTEMS off the quick start page
> (https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/TBR/UserManual/Quick_Start).

Is there a link somewhere pointing you to this page?

> I get through
> building the tools, and then download the items git file, but when I try
> to bootstrap , it gives me errors. Now, I know it says to download the
> autoconf and automake, but where do you put all of this in the
> directories? Are you supposed to put it in a separate rtems directory
> after you create the tools? Right now my approach has been to use:
> /user/development/rtems/rsb/rtems-source-builder/rtems/rtems  but this
> has not worked.

What went wrong? Maybe try the User Manual's Quick Start quide and lets
see if things work for you.

> I would greatly appreciate any help that you could offer
> because I very much want to work with this.

I have update the wiki page you referenced to point to the newer User
Manual. Please have a look at the User Manual and lets see if that helps
you get a suitable ecosystem up and running.

I have also changed the TBR (To Be [Review/Removed]) Quick Start page to
reference the ERC32 BSP because Joel removed the SIS BSP from the master
branch in the RTEMS git repo.

Let us know how you go. Any feedback from new users getting RTEMS up and
running is really important.

Thanks
Chris