Error building Kernel From QuickStart

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Feb 9 20:23:34 UTC 2017

On Feb 9, 2017 12:10 PM, "Sutton_Jacob" <sutjr-19 at rhodes.edu> wrote:

Hello,

After issuing the statement:

$HOME/development/rtems/rsb/source-builder/sb-bootstrap

which is the third command issued in the installation page for the kernel,
in the user's manual, right after ./boostrap -c and -p, I get this error:

TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'general' objects

Because of this I am not able to commence with the quick start instructions
as it cannot actually bootstrap. What should I do to fix this?

What directory are you in? You need to be at the top of the RTEMS source
tree.

And while asking questions, what host OS are you on and what Python version
in case the first question doesn't help.

--joel

Thank you,

Jacob