zynq

D Peter Siddons siddons at bnl.gov
Thu Feb 23 13:40:53 UTC 2017

Hi Chris,

    Thanks for the explanation of how you set things up, and for this
link. I will study it closely :)

For production use, we always plug the boards into a motherboard with
our other interfaces to real hardware, so we also use a separate 5V
supply. It's only for my own software developments which don't depend on
the external interfaces that I use the usb supply. I should say that
plugging it directly into my laptop I have never had a problem.

So far we have used Linux (Debian, not Petalinux), but the time has come
to switch to something with better latencies.

Pete.

--
D. Peter Siddons
Detector Development Group Leader