application tutorial

Denis Obrezkov denisobrezkov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 13:54:17 UTC 2017

Hello, can you point me to some manual how to create a simple application
with rtems?
I read a lot of your tutorials like POSIX  tutorial, C Guide, Ada guide,
Dev. environment guide, but I can't find out how to create a simple
application.

I found that I am not alone:
http://rtems-users.rtems.narkive.com/rQP1z7Pg/rtems-application-tutorial
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23794870/rtems-how-to-compile-and-execute-programs

I saw examples for rtems, but I have other questions, for example:
Where should I place my source code? Should I place it inside of a rtems
tree?
How should I organize my development environment? For example, I want to
make an application for a host computer, make myself sure that it works,
and then cross-compile it for a target board.
What is the structure of an rtems binary? is it something like a
"newlib.a+rtems_kernel.a+userapplication.a".img?

--
Regards, Denis Obrezkov