GSOC 2017 Approaching

Denis Obrezkov denisobrezkov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 08:46:43 UTC 2017

> Hi
>
> I was looking at doing GSoC recruiting pitches at a couple of local
> universities and when I checked the schedule, Organization applications
> start January 19.
>
> https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline
>
> Standard presentations and media are here:
>
> https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/media
>
> Please help identify projects and recruit students. :)

I am a first-year phd student in Russia and I can help you to recruit me:)
Actually, I have a proposal. I am interested in porting  RTEMS on TI C6x.
Thus, for example, beagleboard would have an ability to work at full power.
It is also
possible to implement PRU support for beagleboard. (there was a similar
project
last year:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2016/projects/5936772366204928/)

I have also thoughts about over possible projects.
Firstly, I think ARINC653 support is desirable and many people want it. But
as AIR architecture postulated RTEMS need some kind of an underlying
hypervisor.
And I found this page: https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/ARINC653_Scheduler
So, it exists!

Secondly, some degree of IoT support is very desirable, because nowadays
IoT
lacks reliability and safety. Thus, I think, this task includes not only
porting packages
and implementing protocols but also architecture development and creation of
documentation that describes how to properly utilize provided capabilities.
Also, I think there is a huge trend towards distributed sensor networks and
distributed
embedded systems.

Lastly, I think it would be good to implement some kind of configuration
tool support.
As example, Linux has a very simple but also very flexible configuration
tool..

As for me, these are the most promising projects.
--
Regards, Denis Obrezkov