writing a new bsp question

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Jan 23 21:30:41 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Denis Obrezkov <denisobrezkov at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Could you explain how we should create a new bsp.

The first question to ask is "Do I need to write a new BSP?" :)

Second: Can I augment/modify an existing BSP?

I read instructions from the wiki page - great material, but I don't
> understand about building system.
> Should we use RSB? Or first of all write init code, console code and run
> just a bare bsp library .o file?

Whether you use or modify an existing BSP, or create a new one,
you have to have a cross compilation toolset. This is the primary
thing you do with the RSB.

First, use the RSB to build the cross toolset.
Next, I recommend building RTEMS for a BSP from your processor
architecture that runs on a simulator. This gives you something to
easily experiment with and ensure your installation is correct.

What is the HW platform you are looking at?

--joel