Strictly atomic operations

Matt Rippa mrippa at gemini.edu
Thu Jan 26 02:17:19 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 8:23 PM, Sebastian Huber <

> On 24/01/17 18:25, Matt Rippa wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the replies. I'm working on porting our primary mirror control
>> system to RTEMS.
>>

> Which API did you choose? I would use the POSIX API and the RTEMS master.
> Our focus is currently on documentation updates, warning fixes, ticket
> updates and so on to prepare the RTEMS 4.12 release.

We use the classic API as it's the default for our applications. We also
use RTEMS with EPICS, so all of our calls are actually handled through a
wrapper interface.  For example, I'll use epicsMutexCreate() with calls

rtems_semaphore_create (rtems_build_name ('M', c3, c2, c1),
        1,
RTEMS_PRIORITY|RTEMS_BINARY_SEMAPHORE|RTEMS_INHERIT_PRIORITY|RTEMS_NO_PRIORITY_CEILING|RTEMS_LOCAL,
        0,
        &sid)

-Matt