offtop: books about RTOS and OS design?

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Sun Jul 9 13:57:17 UTC 2017

>From the classical RTOS perspective I like "Real-Time Systems" by Jane
Liu, which gives a good balance of theory and practice. You might also
try checking out "Real-Time Concepts for Embedded Systems" by Li and
Yao, "Real-Time Embedded Systems – Open-Source Operating Systems
Perspective" by Cibrario Bertolotti and Manduchi, and "Embedded
Systems: Real-Time Operating Systems for ARM Cortex-M
Microcontrollers" by Valvano. I don't know that any of them
particularly cover time- and space-separation, however.