Running RTEMS on a LEON2 from ROM

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Wed Jul 26 05:25:24 UTC 2017

On 25-07-17 18:10, Jiri Gaisler wrote:

> On 07/25/2017 03:43 PM, Mike Looijmans wrote:

>>> Uh, well mostly because up until 10 seconds ago I had no idea what a
>>> "sis simulator" is.
>>
>> I tried running "sparc-rtems4.11-sis", load the application. Looks
>> okay in memory. It stops at the first access to the 0x80000000 address
>> range (LEON2 config registers) when the program tries to set up memory
>> and uart config and such. That's about 10 instructions, the real thing
>> got a lot further than that.
>>
>> I'm looking for some document or website that explains how this should
>> work...
>
> There are some README files in the gdb sources under sim/erc32. Here is

Hmm, cannot find anything in anything i've downloaded and installed so far.

I found a PDF manual on the ESA site though, that explains a bit more.

> how you do it with standalone sis:
>
> $ sparc-rtems4.12-sis -leon2 application.exe
>
>> hi 100
>> go
>> hi
>> reg

Doesn't get very far, there's apparently no (working) memory at 0x40000000 in
the simulator, it always reads back as "0", so any access to RAM results in a
crash in the simulator.

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert